Snowdrop Childrens Community Nursing team
There are currently 88 Snowdrop children. Some spend time in hospital receiving treatment or undergoing an operation, but most are at home. Our Snowdrop Community Nursing Team helps families to cope with having a very sick child at home, surely the best place to be...
Headed by Dr Ann Wallace, Community Paediatric Consultant,
The Team consists of:
- Children's Community Nurses who administer treatment at home and school, give medical advice, teach parents to administer medicines and treatment, listen to problems and liaise with other Health Professionals.
- Nurse Support Workers who help with babysitting, take children to hospital appointments and support siblings.
- Counsellors who can meet families as soon as a child is diagnosed with a life threatening illness, to offer practical and emotional support if needed.
- A team of Volunteers provide transport for hospital appointments, babysitting, sibling support and, just as important, become a friend.
- A Family Volunteer Co-ordinator who meets and places suitable volunteers with families.