We are a small charity with a small team working from the Walberton Office.
We have a vacancy for a Trustee for the Board of The Sussex Snowdrop Trust. Please find attached information and form.
Our Latest Vacancy is for a
THE SUSSEX SNOWDROP TRUST is a local children’s charity providing nursing care at home for local children who have a life threatening or terminal illness and financial and emotional support for their families.
The successful applicant will be based at our Walberton Office working alongside our Office Manager and Administrator.
The Snowdrop Care At Home Team have a separate office in Chichester.
Our Community Fundraiser will be required to raise funds and awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals.
The successful applicant will need to have -
• strong proven written and verbal communications skills
• the ability to network - which is paramount for this job, since success in the role depends heavily on being able to forge positive relationships with supporters.
• the ability to increase the contributions – inspire individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources.
• event management
• IT skills – Microsoft Suite with advanced Power Point skills. The successful candidate will be provided with an Apple Mac laptop and mobile phone when working off site.
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience as a Fundraiser and we do need someone who has local knowledge.
• 37.5 hours per week with availability to work out of hours e.g. to attend evening or weekend events and meetings, time off in lieu will be given.
• You will be expected to spend a significant amount of your time out of the office meeting prospective donors.
• raising funds and awareness of the charity and its work at local level, e.g. by giving talks to groups, schools, seeking photo opportunities with the media;
• increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities;
• overseeing corporate fundraising, including charitable payroll giving and matched giving from employers;
• developing and implementing a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development
• organising activities, such as sponsored outdoor events, concerts etc.
• developing new and imaginative fundraising activities
• motivating and facilitating supporters to maximize the funds they raise;
• inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
• making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
Please send your application with your CV addressed to
The Sussex Snowdrop Trust
3 The William Booker Yard
Or email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org – or call: 07919538259 for further information