We are a small charity with a small team working from the Walberton Office.
We have vacancies for:-
Trustees for the Board of The Sussex Snowdrop Trust. Please find attached information and form.
We are looking for Trustees for our amazing charity to help shape the future of Snowdrop, so if you have any of the skills listed below and some spare time, we would love to hear from you.
The purpose of our charity is to support both terminally ill children and children with life threatening illnesses and having a Trustee from a nursing background is key. They would report key data to the Board and build working relationships with the clinical team that support our families. They will also bring empathy, passion and an understanding of the challenges the NHS team face today and in the future.
The charity world is governed by the Charity Commission and the laws are always changing , we are therefore looking for a Trustee to ensure the charity is ready for the changes that we face. If you have knowledge of employment law, this would help us enormously.
Property/Business owner experience:
We have exciting plans in the future around the opening of Snowdrop Charity shops on the high street. A Trustee with such experience will bring this vision alive, from finding suitable properties to ensuring we open our doors every day to welcome our future customers.
We have high aspirations in the future and plan to make 2018 a record year for fundraising, having a Trustee that can work with our fundraiser to take the smallest of ideas come alive will be your mission.
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for and the passion to join our Board we would love to hear from you.
For more information about any of the above or how you can help Snowdrop in anyway contact
Kevin Shepherd our Co-Chairman on 07798 865838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to read our advert we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary £17,500 pa.
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
THE SUSSEX SNOWDROP TRUST is the local children’s charity providing nursing care at home for local children who have a life threatening or terminal illness, and financial and emotional support for their families.
We have an office in the heart of Walberton village and the Trustees of the charity are responsible for supervising the office team, while the Snowdrop Care at Home Team’s office is in Chichester.
Applicants must have:
• The ability to communicate both on the telephone and by letter, to Snowdrop supporters, donors and families, in a sensitive and appropriate way.
• Efficient IT skills - Word, Outlook and Excel. ( Publisher would be an advantage).
• Experience of using a financial package and cash handling
• A strong attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks
• Experience of working for a charity would be an advantage but not essential
Key responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day office administration, including basic banking and accounting.
• Writing to donors, answering telephone enquiries and general office duties.
• Helping to organise fund raising events during the year.
• To action any activities that may come up from time to time, including supporting other people who are organising events and raising funds for 'Snowdrop'.
• Working on ad-hoc tasks where work pressure dictates.
• Working alone or with a team, both in the office and at events.
Very occasionally the office staff can be asked to work outside core hours if needed.
We need someone who has a sense of humour and who can share our passion for ‘Snowdrop’ and would like the chance to make a difference.
The team is very small and therefore everyone is expected to play their part as our roles are diverse, rich in variety, sometimes manual but never dull!
The charity needs someone who has a genuine and enthusiastic commitment to the work of The Sussex Snowdrop Trust
For further information call 01243 572433
Please send your application with your CV addressed to:
Or send to: The Chairmen
The Sussex Snowdrop Trust
3 The William Booker Yard
Walberton. West Sussex BN18 0PF